Please carefully read and review the terms and conditions of this Agreement before using the Service.
Please read your contract carefully.
Kern Painting is not responsible for lack of communication if the contract has not been read.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
One-half of the estimate is due before work begins and the remainder of the estimate is due upon completion of work.
- Any alteration or deviation from above work specifications involving extra costs will be executed only upon written order, and will become an extra charge over and above the estimate.
- All agreements are contingent upon weather, accidents or delays beyond our control. Every effort will be made to begin a job on the scheduled day. Schedule may change according to weather, personnel and client delays.
- Cancellation that occurs by the client between 5 days to 24 hours before work is to begin will result in forfeiture of 10% of the total contract. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Delay of start date or work resulting from a client’s lack of preparation or at the client’s request may incur a $100 fee. Work is scheduled months in advance and every effort is made to keep to the schedule so as to keep workers fully employed and complete each job on time.
- Please direct any and all communication/concerns about the ongoing work to Thomas Kern.
- Area where work will occur is considered a construction site for the entirety of the job. All children and pets MUST BE KEPT AWAY from this area for theirs and our safety. Kern Painting and its workers ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for caring for, watching or entertaining children and/or pets.
WORK WILL CEASE UPON NON-COMPLIANCE until the situation is remedied by the client.
- All equipment, tools, machinery and work material is NOT to be used by the client or anyone else present at the property at any time during ongoing work. Any use of any equipment at any time during the work process WILL VOID ANY LIABILITY resulting in injury and/or damage by Kern Painting equipment.
- Any and all instructions not followed by the client relating to the drying, curing or setting of stain or paint shall result in additional charges to correct damage to the surface/s.
- Kern Painting is not responsible for paint/stain color choices or the dissatisfaction resulting in completed paint/stain color. New color choice will result in a change order and/or a new contract including additional cost.
- All materials guaranteed to be as specified, and the above work to be performed and completed in a substantial work person like manner
WORK TO BE COMPLETED:
Including and not limited to
- Exterior Painting Procedures and Materials
- Caulking all cracks and nail indentations
- Scrape any loose paint
- Prime all raw wood
- Cover all non-painted surfaces with plastic and tarps
- Finish coat, Diamond Vogel Paramount Satin Or Benjamin Moore Ultra Spec
12. Interior Drywall Procedures and Materials
Cover all surfaces that will not be mudded and textured
Level 3 mud if texture is applies
Sand and Vacuum all drywall
Level 4 mud for smooth surfaces
Prime all raw drywall
Texture entire ceiling with orange peel texture
Finish Diamond Vogel Zero+ ( NO VOC Paint)
Interior Painting Procedures and Materials
1. Cover all surfaces that will not be painted
2. Fill all nail and screw holes
3. Caulking as needed
4. Prime all raw drywall
5. Paint Finish Diamond Vogel zero Plus(No VOC) or Benjamin Moore Ben
13. Deck Painting or Staining
1. Power washing
2. Peel Bond Primer on all raw wood if painting
3. Staining requires no primer
4. Quality of substrate (wood on the deck) can effect finish and not the responsibility of Kern Painting LLC
5. Cover all non painted surface with plastic and traps
6. Messmers deck stain or Benjamin Moore Arbor Coat
14. Cabinet Painting Finishes
- Cover all non painted surfaces with plastic, tape and tarps
- Clean all surfaces with Krud Kutter
- Sand all surfaces
- Prime all surfaces with Benjamin Moore Hi Hiding
- Finish with commercial Benjamin Moore Cabinet Finish
Kern Painting Covid-19 Statement
Kern Painting and crew closely monitor their health and wear masks at all times while working inside. Anyone showing symptoms will not return to work and will be ordered to be tested. We ask that our clients inform us of any change in their health, exposure to Covid and test results.
Kern Payment Policies
Complete payment is due upon completion of the estimate. Only one walk-through and touch-up for each complete job.
Attorneys’ Fees. If any legal action, arbitration or other proceeding, is brought for the enforcement of this Agreement, or because of an alleged dispute, breach or default in connection with any of the provisions of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs incurred in that action or proceeding, including any appeal of such action or proceeding, in addition to any other relief to which that party may be entitled.
This is a legal
agreement between you and Kern Painting LLC By signing the contract and using this contractor, you signify your agreement to all terms,
Thank You for choosing Kern Painting
Professional and Skilled interior and exterior painting for 41 years.